Home Forums Trails Winter Fat BIking – trail grooming

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Euen 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Elliott_Hahn
    Participant

With the growing number of fat bikers taking to the trails all winter long I’m wondering what the interest level would be in a groomed section of trail?

The thought is a small human powered groomer could be built and a group of volunteers could snowshoe the trail dragging it behind them.

With the heavier snowfalls already seen this winter some form of grooming might be required before too long to be able to continue to ride.

would anyone else be interested? anyone else willing to put in some volunteer time to do the grooming?

I have some ideas for how to make the groomer and it would require the blessing of the trail committee to go forward. It would be good to know how many others are interested in this before I pursue it any further.

mlynch
    Participant

Yes I would be willing to help out.
    Have you seen the power groomer that Woodstock CC has?

Mike Lynch

Elliott_Hahn
    Participant

Yes. It looks really neat!

I was thinking for simplicity to start small with a non-motorized version and maybe just groom a shorter winter loop.

Euen
    Participant

I would be willing to help out as well.

Euen

Chorus101
    Participant

Sounds like an awesome idea!…I would also help

Angela Webster
    Participant

I’m always up for a good workout! Count me in. I have four pairs of snowshoes just sitting here.

Elliott_Hahn
    Participant

First attempt at grooming was successful. Finished bootleg, grace, sweet street and kamikaze low line. Likely going to make a few improvements to the drag and then I’ll make it available to others willing to put in some time dragging it around. It’s a great workout!

Euen
    Participant

Looking forward to making trails in the new year!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.